Providing Aquatic Opportunities for Children with Disabilities in the Sarasota, Bradenton, and Lakewood Ranch Area
Because each child is unique, at Pediatric Aquatic Therapy, our approach is personal and highly individualized. Your child’s physical, cognitive, and sensory issues are considered to provide a positive aquatic opportunity. Each aquatic experience is customized for your child's abilities and your family goals.
Aquatic sessions will focus on empowering your child with confidence to safely enjoy the water including:
- Water safety instruction inclusive of navigating the aquatic environment with increased engagement
- Enhancing motor planning to improve aquatic confidence through mastering breath control and floating
- Adapted swimming skills to improve gross motor skills, fine motor, strength, and endurance
- Therapeutic activities to prepare for recreational activities such as snorkeling and paddleboard activities
- Developing language and social skills to facilitate playing with family and friends in the pool